Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Clock Hotel

The Clock Hotel has been around for yonks.

Nestled in one of the most populated restaurant strips in Sydney, it still holds its own in terms of cool atmosphere and good food. Several renovations - probably to keep up with the Joneses in the rest of the street - keeps its look contemporary and the vibe swingng.

With a choice of bars, and balcony or indoor dining, it suits most tastes on any day. The food is still reliable, and although I haven't been here for well over a year, is as easy and satisfying as I remember, with a few suprise tastes thrown in. Perfect for a Xmas lunch catch-up.


Oysters natural with wakame and rice wine vinaigrette $2.50 each


Parmesan and lemon crumbed sardines $16 (entree size)


Salmon fritters with lychees and witlof $16.80 (entree size)


Asian style prawn and slow cooked pork salad
with coriander and peanuts $16.80 (entree size)


Wild rocket, pear and parmesan salad $7.00

Luscious and light: Passionfruit meringue filled with cream $9.00.

The entree sizes of most dishes are well suited to a light lunch on a warm day. And of course that means you have room for a tastebud tempting dessert.

The Clock Hotel
470 Crown St.,
Surry Hills.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

Ah, The Clock my old stomping ground. I still remember the night of he great hailstorm - people stumbling through the door with blood running down their heads.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Reb said...

... sounds like any normal Friday night Ed ....

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice looking blog. But I notice you are quite scathing about a menu with no punctuation etc, then I see on your blog "corriander", "Asian sytle" and the dreaded prosciutto error...it's not proscuitto.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Reb said...

Excellent! - I welcome any and all proofing contributions. I think scathing is a little too strong, it's supposed to be humourous and makes as much fun of my own preferences as anything else. The punctuation didn't influence the way the food was cooked. Now, if only I knew who I could thank for the contribution, anonymous. Although I suspect I know who you might be from my stats.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home