Sunday, October 29, 2006

GFM: Roundup # 4

The city has been a hive of activity this week as food soldiers grab the last offerings of GFM.

Jen from Milk and Cookies has been a very busy girl fitting in the Spring Picnic, a Sugar Hit at The Four Seasons, Let's Do Lunch at Galileo and a Hands On Ice Cream class at Serendipity.

Jen from Jenius dived into the Hat’s Off! Dinner at Forty One and Kathryn ventured to Five Dock for the Mangia Italiano.

Sugar Hits are always popular and Kat has been beavering away in the spirit of research at the Sofitel, the Swissotel and the Park Hyatt. Helen checked out the Spring Picnic and the Danks Street Festival. I guess it's not an official GFM event, but Helen also caught the special appearance of Gordon Ramsay at David Jones during the week if you want ot have a look. Great pictures on the man in action.

The culmination of the week was the Sydney Food and Wine Fair in Hyde Park, a charity event for the AIDS Trust of Australia. I didn’t cover the event itself but I volunteered to help set up the Fair in the morning and Kathryn and I worked away helping stallholders set up and marshalling cars around the park. I know someone out there must have gone along and blogged the feast to be had, so send me a link and I'll add it to the round up.

I started the week with a fun lunch with Gordon Ramsay as did Julia and we both agreed it was a I great event. I fitted in the Dewali Banquet at Aki’s which I’m not 100% sure was part of GFM, but I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt as the SMH promoted it so extensively. I also swanked into three hatter Quay for Let's Do Lunch … I have one more lunch to do, the month’s not over yet!

However I will be closing off my round ups on Tuesday 31st at 6pm and publishing a list of the whole month’s activities. So if you’ve left something out, send the link to me before then if you want it included in the final version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home