Sunday, October 15, 2006

Good Food Month: round up #2

Sailing into our second week of culinary pleasure we have quite a few starters.

Anna and I both headed off to “Let’s do Lunch” events. Anna has cast a critical eye over Yoshii with some interesting results.

I booked in for the same deal at Zaaffran Indian restaurant Restaurant in Darling Harbour. Mmmmmm …. lobster.

I‘m a bit worried about the state of Helen’s blood sugar after not one, not two, but three Sugar Hits at prime Sydney hotels. And if that’s not enough she also went back for the joys of the Noodle Markets. I did wonder how you could get to all those stalls in just one visit.

Jen also checked out a Sugar Hit at the Harbour Kitchen and Bar with interesting info on the booking vs non booking situation.

Kathryn hurried off to the Noodle Markets as well, perhaps prompted by her recent disapointment. All was not rosy in her gastromonic garden this week. She paid the penalty for leaving bookings too late and had to DIY it.

I had the luck of getting a call back this week from The Herald. Because of cancellations I got my tickets to the Gordon Ramsay lunch at the Four Seasons. Stay tuned!

To finish off the week Anna partook of the joys of Manta's Oyster Forum, you can read her very detailed description, as well as tasting notes and expert commentary ... and mouthwatering pix to please any oyster lover.

Only two more weeks to go.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done for getting into the Gordon Ramsay lunch, I'm very much looking forward to hearing about the experience. Did you read the section in last week's Good Living about him? Polite, charming, helpful, but then the swearing started and the comments got more and more outrageous. Very funny.

Another great round-up.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Yes, well done on the Gordon Ramsay lunch. I bet the fucker will be great, the X#$%??.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Reb said...

Hi Kathryn - yes i did read it. But I've been a Ramsay devotee (I don't say fan coz that's not quite the right word) for ages. Love the bad boys. I might have to put a language warning on the post :)

If not great, I'm sure entertaining Ed, at the effing least. I'm going ot an Effen Vokda Master class tomorrow and I'm sure I'll here more effen with Gordon than I'll here there.

I hope you ate lots of veges on the weekend Helen :)

2:53 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

My friend was also on the waitlist for Gordo and got in - she's very excited too. Of course, you know how excited I am!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home