Monday, October 23, 2006

GFM Roundup # 3

This week saw the last of the noodle market adventures with the wrap up of the markets on Friday night. My last visit was Thursday and boy was it packed! I couldn’t manage to get a photo without someone walking in front of me at an inopportune moment, but Swee managed to brave the crowds, as did Kathryn who recorded the event when a few of us foodbloggers caught up for a noodle hit. Julia had the goods on our meet up as well and the ensuing sugar hit at the Sofitel, as did Helen, the ever diligent documenter of all her food escapades.

Swee managed a sugar hit at the Sheraton on the park as well and does't it look soooo pretty!

Georgia sampled the Let’s Do Lunch at Forty One and while on the Let’s do Lunch theme, I ventured into the Restaurant of the Year Bécasse to check out their plate. While not as extensive as their GFM Hat's Off dégustation that Helen attended, it was still pretty impressive.

I also got time for two Hands On offerings at Oh Calcutta and Sonoma Bakery with some interesting experiences for me to write about.

Kathryn wrote about the Hawkesbury Growers Trail experience, just showing that some of these tours can be effectively reconstructed by the enthusiast, even without an official guide. I headed not quote that far west for the Mangia Italiano.

Stop Press: An addition because I've had a few late entries for last week's frenetic activities. I thought I'd squeeze them in now before this week's lot.

Jen gets into the Sugar Hits at Sofitel Wentworth as well as the Westin. And the Night Noodle Markets too. My, we all packed in our visits there!

Kat also ventured into Sugar Hit land to the Sebel Pier One. Haven't seen their offerings yet this month and they look impressive.

We’re in our last week, so I can’t wait to see how the events of these final days turns out for everyone. I know a few were aiming for the Spring Picnic and the Danks Street Festival and I’d love to know how it went. Remember to add your technorati tag as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Reb said...

No Worries Helen - It'll all go in the roundup! I sure understand about how busy it is these last 2 weeks of GFM.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home